Saturday, May 14, 2005

OCEANSIDE: TRILLIUM


This image of a Trillium was the impetus for this series. I had wanted to create a series that described in part the nature of the Oceanside area. I battled with myself over what should be included there are grand trees, some of the largest in BC I believe in Cathedral grove, curvaceous medrona, a lovely array of ferns, mosses, sea plants, reeds, and wildflowers.... what do you include? The Trillium, however, with it's stately yet delicate form just called out to be recorded, as it peeked out for it's spring welcome.  Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Blogger AKP said...

I've never been to BC so I don't have any ideas of things to add to your collection, but the Trillium looks good...Very similar to my pic!

May 14, 2005 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

I once picked a trillium in Ontario when I was a wee girl. I was out in the woods and was picking all sorts of wild flowers (including the heinous ragweed.) I didn't know that it's illegal to pick trilliums as the only bloom once every 7 years or some other long perid of time. I was very concerned after my mom told me that it was illegal that I was going to jail which I didn't think was very fair as how was I supposed to know... It's not like there is a sign or anything saying you can't... Seems an odd thing to make picking flowers illegal...

May 25, 2005 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

What a beautiful series.

January 8, 2006 at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home